This recipe can be adapted for so many uses from those candy-coated spoons, to pretzel sticks and even marshmallows or cookies. The kids always have a ball helping with this and this is one of our favorite activities when we are preparing for a Polar Express Party. These are also great for gift-giving. Kids have a lot of fun helping with these treats!
- Bag of semisweet chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
- sprinkles, crushed peppermint candies, or other candy decorations
- coffee straws, or mini candy canes (optional)
- marshmallows, pretzel sticks, pretzels, cookies, plastic spoons, or other items for dipping
- Plastic wrap or baggies (optional)
- ribbon (optional)
Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
Melt the chocolate of your choice in a microwave-safe bowl. Do 30 seconds at a time, stir, and repeat until melted and smooth.
Place your sprinkles and decorations in separate bowls.
You can use the coffee straws or mini candy canes to stick into the marshmallows for ‘handles’ and then dip in the chocolate. Repeat this step for anything else you may want to dip.
Then dip in desired candy coating.
You can also use melted chocolate to drizzle over the dipped goodies.
Place on the prepared cookie sheet to harden.
Once hardened you can wrap them gently in plastic and tie with a pretty ribbon for gift giving or party favors.