Do you feel guilty every time you grab that container of cleaning wipes from under the sink? I know I do, especially when it is so easy to make my own! Since we’ve gotten motivated to go further on our ‘chemical-free’ journey I have really been trying my best to eliminate nasty, toxic chemicals from our home in any way possible. These not only do that but they also save us a ton of money since we aren’t buying those expensive cleaning wipes anymore.
Diy Reusable Wipes
- 5-6 tea towels cut into fourths **see note below
- 20-30 drops essential oils (can use one or combination of tea tree, lavender, lemon, and/or eucalyptus essential oils) Use code: KIRBYSKORNERFREE at Simply Earth
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 c. rubbing alcohol, optional
- 1 1/2 c. white vinegar
- Airtight container(s) for storage
Combine the water, vinegar, and rubbing alcohol in the container.
Add essential oils and mix well.
Add cut-up towels to the container, and pack down to allow them to soak up all the solution.
Cover the container, and flip it upside down to ensure that every towel is saturated.
Use these as needed for quick cleanings.
- Wash the towels when dirty and repeat the steps to keep a supply of wipes handy.
**You could use old t-shirts, baby blankets, or just about anything else instead of the tea towels.
DO NOT use these wipes on granite as the vinegar may damage them.
**This post does contain affiliate links to products and/or services that we use. We may earn a teensy-weensy small commission (at NO EXTRA cost to you) if a purchase is made through these links. These links help to support our family, our blog, and our homeschooling mission. This means that we can keep bringing you great recipes, ideas, and tips for FREE! Click HERE for a full disclaimer.