This is one of our favorite go to recipes when we go camping. I love to make these ahead of time in foil pans with covers. They can be easily reheated over the camp fire or in an oven if your aren’t roughing it.
These are always a hit when I take them to covered dishes and other get togethers as well. I thought I had posted the recipe before but I can’t seem to find it so here it is again. You could probably use some other small roll if you can find the sweet rolls.
Ham and Cheese Sliders on Sweet Rolls
- 1-2 pounds Deli meat, shaved thin (We like honey ham but roast beef has also worked well.)
- 12-24 slices of your favorite cheese (I really like to use swiss)
- Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (I usually use 2-4 packs)
- 1-2 sticks of butter, melted
- 2-3 T. Dijon mustard
- 1-2 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 T. poppy seeds
- 1-2 t. onion powder, optional
Preheat the oven to 350.
Grease a large cookie pan or casserole.
Mix the butter and seasonings together in a small bowl.
Slice the rolls in half so you have a top and bottom. Carefully remove the tops and place the bottoms in a pan or casserole.
Layer the bottoms with the meat and then the cheese.
Put the tops back on the rolls.
Brush the tops with the butter mixtures. Let sit 5-10 minutes, if you like.
Bake 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is slightly melted.