As promised I will share the recipe for the cookies we made earlier today. These are super easy to make and I had made two batches, or about four dozen cookies, in less than 30 minutes.
I’ve always called them haystacks but Mr. Awesome knows them as Noodle Cookies. You can probably add other ingredients, desired or maybe even swap the butterscotch chips for chocolate ones.
Mr. Awesome likes them without marshmallows but with plenty of peanuts. The kids like them with marshmallows. That’s how I ended up making two batches.
Haystacks aka Noodle Cookies
- 11-12 oz bag butterscotch chips
- 3/4 c. Peanut butter
- 10-12 oz Chow Mein Noodles
- 1/2 – 1 c. Salted peanuts, optional
- 3 1/2 c. Mini marshmallows, optional
- Line two baking pans with wax paper.
- Place the chips in a medium to large size bowl. Microwave on 50% for 1-2 minutes or until mostly melted.
- Stir in the peanut until smooth.
- Add other ingredients and stir until well coated.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto the prepared pans.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes.