You grab a couple of friends, a couple of dump trucks, and you play in it… of course! Well, that’s what our kiddos did over the weekend. We did get a total of 12 loads of dirt for the new house but no house yet. Even though they said they would try to have it here by Thanksgiving.
The piles were just too tempting and the kids kept begging to play so we decided to let them make some fun memories. The dog had to have a chance to play as well so I’m not sure who had more fun… lol. Everyone had to have a bath after they played because they were covered in red clay and we had an orange dog but they had a blast!
Here are some pics to enjoy from that day:
This past weekend I went to a vendor event to help my Norwex sponsor. It was a very good experience and I gained quite a bit of knowledge and feel a little bit more comfortable with many of the products I had not had a chance to see in person before… I can TRULY say I am even more in love with this company than I was before and I’m looking forward to doing another event this weekend.
But this post isn’t about what I did Saturday morning… it is about what fun we had after I came home. The booth next to us had this eagle kite that kept leaning over and when I took a good look at it I realized that this would definitely be something the kiddos would LOVE so I bought it for $5.00! Continue reading “The Eagle Has Landed… quite a few times!”
The 4th of July may have passed but we can show our American Pride any time of the year! Mr. Awesome and I have been working outside a lot lately. So much in fact that we both have been sunburned on the top of sunburn even though we’ve tried to be careful. I even sunburned my scalp and forehead with a bandana on! Continue reading “Show Your American Pride With SA Co.”
**This post may contain affiliate links to some of the products and resources that we have used. These are provided at no extra charge to you and help to support our blog and family if a purchase is made through these links. -Thank you!
My kids love to play Tic-Tac-Toe and they love to be outside so this combines both of their loves into one great game. It’s really simple to make also. I really like the fact that most of the items can be found at the dollar store too!
DIY Giant Tic-Tac-Toe Game
- Shower curtain or liner
- Permanent marker
- duct tape, you will need three different colors
- a few old cereal boxes
- dried beans
- ruler or measuring tape
**Note: You can omit the boxes, beans, and two colors of duct tape if you happen to have 2 sets of bean bags (four of each color)
- Cut a 5 ft x 5 ft or 4 ft x 4 ft square out of the shower curtain liner. Lay it flat and draw lines to divide it into 9 equal sections with the marker. Use one color of duct to cover the lines.
- If you don’t have bean bags you will need to make some really simple ones. Cut the cardboard into twenty 7 inch x 7 inch squares.
- Place two pieces of cardboard together and use one color of duct tape (different from the liner grid) to seal three sides. Fill the ‘bag’ with beans and seal the remaining edge. Cover any visible cardboard with duct tape. Repeat to make a total of 5 bean bags for this color. (You can mark these with x’s, if you want.)
- Repeat Step 3 with the remaining squares, beans, and colored tape. (Mark with o’s, if desired.)
- Grab a friend and start playing by standing a bit away from the ‘board’. Take turns tossing the bags and try to make a row of the same color/symbol. The row can go across, up or down, and/or diagonal.
- Have fun!
If you have a sidewalk or concrete you could also draw the board with chalk and use chalk/bean bags to play.
Not a DIYer? No fear you can buy something similar from Amazon:
Toysmith Giant Tic-Tac-Toe Game Cardinal Toss Across Game
Do you have a nature lover on your gift list? Do you live in Florida? IF you answered YES then this may be the perfect gift:
Florida State Parks Gift Cards Available!
Holidays are about giving, and the best gifts aren’t things, they’re memories and experiences! With the help of Florida State Parks, you can give someone you care about the gift of the outdoors and start making memories.
Your state may offer the same deal too!