**This post may contain affiliate links to some of the products and resources that we have used. These are provided at no extra charge to you and help to support our blog and family if a purchase is made through these links. -Thank you!
My kids love to play Tic-Tac-Toe and they love to be outside so this combines both of their loves into one great game. It’s really simple to make also. I really like the fact that most of the items can be found at the dollar store too!
DIY Giant Tic-Tac-Toe Game
- Shower curtain or liner
- Permanent marker
- duct tape, you will need three different colors
- a few old cereal boxes
- dried beans
- ruler or measuring tape
**Note: You can omit the boxes, beans, and two colors of duct tape if you happen to have 2 sets of bean bags (four of each color)
- Cut a 5 ft x 5 ft or 4 ft x 4 ft square out of the shower curtain liner. Lay it flat and draw lines to divide it into 9 equal sections with the marker. Use one color of duct to cover the lines.
- If you don’t have bean bags you will need to make some really simple ones. Cut the cardboard into twenty 7 inch x 7 inch squares.
- Place two pieces of cardboard together and use one color of duct tape (different from the liner grid) to seal three sides. Fill the ‘bag’ with beans and seal the remaining edge. Cover any visible cardboard with duct tape. Repeat to make a total of 5 bean bags for this color. (You can mark these with x’s, if you want.)
- Repeat Step 3 with the remaining squares, beans, and colored tape. (Mark with o’s, if desired.)
- Grab a friend and start playing by standing a bit away from the ‘board’. Take turns tossing the bags and try to make a row of the same color/symbol. The row can go across, up or down, and/or diagonal.
- Have fun!
If you have a sidewalk or concrete you could also draw the board with chalk and use chalk/bean bags to play.
Not a DIYer? No fear you can buy something similar from Amazon: