Coconut is one of my favorite flavors and I’ve been severely deprived lately. That changed over the 4th of July week though when I made this delicious pie. I didn’t pay attention and made too much filling … Oops! This recipe should be just enough for an 8 or 9 inch pie though.
I have been ‘cheating’ and using the store bought pie crusts from the dairy section but nobody has complained yet. You could also use a graham cracker crust or one of the vanilla crumb crusts I’ve seen at some stores. Continue reading Nanny’s No Bake Coconut Cream Pie
As promised I will share the recipe for the cookies we made earlier today. These are super easy to make and I had made two batches, or about four dozen cookies, in less than 30 minutes.
I’ve always called them haystacks but Mr. Awesome knows them as Noodle Cookies. You can probably add other ingredients, desired or maybe even swap the butterscotch chips for chocolate ones.
Mr. Awesome likes them without marshmallows but with plenty of peanuts. The kids like them with marshmallows. That’s how I ended up making two batches.
Haystacks aka Noodle Cookies
- 11-12 oz bag butterscotch chips
- 3/4 c. Peanut butter
- 10-12 oz Chow Mein Noodles
- 1/2 – 1 c. Salted peanuts, optional
- 3 1/2 c. Mini marshmallows, optional
- Line two baking pans with wax paper.
- Place the chips in a medium to large size bowl. Microwave on 50% for 1-2 minutes or until mostly melted.
- Stir in the peanut until smooth.
- Add other ingredients and stir until well coated.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto the prepared pans.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes.