Well, now that I have all of these frozen green beans in my freezer I can start using them in many different ways. One of the ways we really like to eat them is oven roasted… the little kids think of them as bean fries.
You can add in the parmesan and breadcrumbs if you like or leave it out if cheese is not your thing. You could also substitute bacon drippings for the olive oil and sprinkle them with some crumbled bacon to take these to another level.
Oven Roasted Green Beans
- 2 lbs of fresh, rinsed and dried or frozen green beans
- 2 T. Olive oil (or bacon drippings)
- 1 t. salt (or try Lawry’s Garlic Salt)
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 2-3 T. breadcrumbs (optional)
- 2-3 T. Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1-2 T. nutritional yeast, optional
- 2-3 T. bacon crumbles (optional)
Preheat oven to 400.
Mix everything except the beans in a large bowl.
Add the beans and toss to coat.
Spread the beans out on a large baking sheet or use two smaller ones.
Bake 15- 20 minutes, stir halfway through. (Frozen beans may need an additional 5-10 minutes of baking time.)
**This post does contain affiliate links to products and/or services that we use. We may earn a teensy-weensy small commission (at NO EXTRA cost to you) if a purchase is made through these links. These links help to support our family, our blog, and our homeschooling mission.