We love this recipe with many meals all year round… it is so good. Feel free to add your own favorite fruits/veggies or omit some if you don’t like them.
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds of Broccoli, broken into small pieces without the large stems (or about 3 cups)
- 2-3 carrots, thinly sliced or grated (we usually leave this out as we have some carrot haters here)
- 1/3 c. Onion, red/green/white, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. Raisins/cranberries
- 1/4 c. Almonds/nuts/sunflower kernels
- 1/2 pound Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 T. vinegar (we use ACV or Red Wine Vinegar)
- 1/2 c. Mayo
- 2-3 T Sugar, Monkfruit, or Maple Syrup
- 1/2 t. celery seed, optional
- salt, and pepper to taste
The broccoli needs to be washed and dried and then cut or sliced into small bitesize pieces.
Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
Add in the remaining ingredients and toss well.
Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours to let the flavors meld together… the longer it sits, the better it tastes but we have eaten it right away and it still tastes pretty good.