This is one of those easy, go-to recipes that can be made in a variety of ways. You could add some chopped, cooked meat or ham to this to make a hearty main dish.
Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
- 2 lb frozen hash brown potatoes (or cooked chopped cauliflower)
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cans potato soup (or cream of mushroom/chicken)
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 T. chopped chives, optional
- 1 stick butter, cut into pats
Preheat oven to 350.
In a large bowl mix the defrosted potatoes, soups, sour cream, and shredded cheese.
Mix well and pour into a greased 9×13 casserole.
Dot with butter pats and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and chives.
Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.