I made this earlier this week when my daughter and son-in-law came to visit before leaving… sniff, sniff... I miss them so much already! It was really delicious with some Quick & Easy Garlic Bread.He actually really loved it and requested the recipe so I thought I’d go ahead and share it with everyone!
This recipe is fairly simple to make and you can actually make it a couple of ways… you can use Easy Alfredo Sauce in the place of the ‘sauce’ for this recipe. You can also add in more or less chicken and/or throw some cooked bacon and/or sauteed mushrooms in there too! This meal works great as a freezer meal as well!
Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Casserole
- 1 box noodles – use your favorite kinds
- 1 pound cooked, shredded chicken – we like to use a combo of thighs and breasts
- 10-12 oz bag of frozen broccoli
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom or chicken soup
- 3 c. shredded cheese (we like to use mozzarella for this)
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese
- 1 T. minced garlic (optional)
- salt and pepper to tasted
- 1-2 T. parsley flakes (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400.
Grease a 9×13 casserole dish.
Cook the noodles as directed on the box.
Gently mix together the chicken, broccoli, sour cream, soup, noodles, garlic, and 1 cup of cheese.
Season to taste.
Pour this into the greased casserole dish.
Sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese and then with the Parmesan cheese and the parsley flakes.
Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until nice and bubbly!
- 1 c. sauteed sliced mushrooms
- 8 slices cooked and crumbled bacon