Where has the summer gone? It’s so hard to believe that many kids will be headed back to school soon. I know we’ve been plugging along with our schooling here… slowly but surely we are getting through our On The Banks Of Plum Creek Academic Adventure as we’ve had some unexpected chaos come up this summer… more about that soon.
Many kids will be needed packed lunches for one reason or another and as you know we did the Plastic Free Challenge last month and we did really well with even though I didn’t get to post a lot about it. Just because July is over it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try to stop using so many one time use plastics. I remember the lunch packing days with the plastic sandwich bags and all but over at Life Without Plastic they have all kinds of plastic-free alternatives for lunches. Why not check them out and see if you find anything that interests you? Change starts with one thing at a time and I know in our house I have been slowly replacing plastic items with more durable glass and/or metal items.
Heres a few of the items they have available on the site:
- New Everyday Container: The perfect sandwich and lunch container. It fits neatly in a backpack, is made of 18-8 food grade 304 stainless steel and is completely airtight. It is the perfect size for a sandwich and a side salad, a sandwich, and chips, a large salad… you name it.
- Wool Insulated Natural Lunch Bag – Olive Trim: (also available in orange trim) This bag has been loved by our customers for years now. The bag and lining are 100% unbleached certified organic cotton and the insulation is 100% wool. This one has an olive trim that is hand-dyed with all-natural, non-toxic vegetable dye.
- Stainless Steel Airtight Watertight Food Storage Container – 8cm: The perfect size for yogurt, dips, a little snack of fruit, you name it. Lid & container made of 18-10 food grade 316 stainless steel. Safe for you and safe for the environment.
- Stainless Steel Airtight Watertight Food Storage Container – 14 cm: For little meals, salads, bigger snacks, this container is our go-to size. It is made of a high-quality 18-10 food grade 316 stainless steel. Airtight and perfect for school.
- Stainless Steel Foldable Spork: Its size and convenient organic cotton carrying case make it the ideal school lunch accessory. Our Spork (Spoon + Fork) is made of 18-8 food grade 304 stainless steel; pouch made of certified organic cotton and printed with all-natural, non-toxic vegetable-based inks.
- PPC Reusable Thermal Insulated Bottle: The bottle is double-walled with a lid that is vacuum-sealed to prevent leaks and keep your beverage exactly the temperature you want it. It keeps drinks chilled up to 24 hours and warm for up to 12 hours. The best part about this bottle is that it is safe; its 100% BPA-free and phthalate-free making it healthy for your day-to-day use.
They have a ton of great products so why don’t you head on over to the site and check them out… you may still have enough time to order a few items before school starts back too and your family can be a leader in the Plastic-Free movement!
Want some more plastic-free/zero waste ideas? Check out my Zero Waste Ideas Pinterest Board for some great ideas on ways to go plastic-free!
**This post does contain affiliate links to products and/or services that we use. We may earn a teensy weensy small commission (at NO EXTRA cost to you) if a purchase is made through these links. These links help to support our family, our blog, and our homeschooling mission. You can find a full list of our affiliate links HERE.