As many of you know, I’ve really been trying hard to incorporate some of the Trim Healthy Mama ideas into my everyday diet. I
have to have really like to have my morning coffee and I had switched over to the Dandy Blend before we started on these other diet changes so I wanted to try to make my creamer addiction a little bit healthier.
You don’t have to add the ‘extra’ ingredients but they help to make this a vitamin-packed way to start your day. The Trim Healthy Mama books have a ton of ideas and flavor variations that you could try.
Dandy Morning Coffee
- Dandy Blend, to taste
- hot water (see directions)
- 1-2 t. collagen, optional
- 1-2 t. protein powder, optional
- 1/8 t. sunflower lecithin, optional
- half and half, milk, or cream, to taste
- 1 t. MCT oil, optional
- favorite extract or flavoring, to taste (I normally use vanilla but I just bought some caramel to try out.)
- sweetener, to taste (I have been using Stevia in place of the sugar)
I use about 2 t. of Dandy blend and 8-10 ounces of hot water.
I add all of my powdered ingredients into the hot water and stir vigorously. (I just bought an immersion blender to use for this as I want to try to make it a little creamier but it has been okay without it.)
Then I add all of the liquid ingredients and sweeten/flavor to taste. Enjoy!
**This post does contain affiliate links to products and/or services that we use. We may earn a teensy-weensy small commission (at NO EXTRA cost to you) if a purchase is made through these links. These links help to support our family, our blog, and our homeschooling mission.