**This post may contain affiliate links to products and/or services that we use. If a purchase is made through one of these links we may make a small commission that costs you nothing extra and blesses our family so we thank you! For full affiliate disclosure please click HERE.if a product is purchased through one of our links.
This recipe was adapted from a recipe that we found in the United States Cookbook under the state of Georgia. The original recipe was called ‘Peanutty Peanut Butter and Banana Bread’ and was baked in a loaf pan for 1 hour and 10 minutes at 350. Our recipe has some variations to the original ingredients but would probably be just as good baked in a loaf pan as well and would probably be even better with a sprinkle of chocolate chips added to the batter.
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 c. oil
- 1 c. peanut butter (we used chunky and the kids loved it)
- 2/3 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2 – 1 c. chocolate chips, optional
- 1/2 c. crushed peanuts, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray your muffin pan or loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Mix the oil, eggs, bananas, sugar, vanilla and peanut butter together in a bowl until well blended.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in another bowl.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the first bowl just until blended.
- Spoon or pour into your greased pans.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.