**This post may contain affiliate links to some of the products and resources that we have used. These are provided at no extra charge to you and help to support our blog and family if a purchase is made through these links. -Thank you!
Here are our Lesson Plans For Music, Arts & Crafts
On weeks where there are several activities listed just choose a couple that interest you the most to work on.
Tip: If you want to go to a certain week/chapter or subject simply push the ‘ctrl’ and the ‘F’ button down together and a small bar will pop up. Type in the week number or chapter number you want and it will take you to it.
Week 1: Chapters 1 & 2
Laura and Mary were excited to play with the hog’s bladder balloon. You can play with a balloon or blow up a paper bag and tie it off to represent a hog’s bladder balloon.
- Corn Cob or Corn Husk Dolls
- Glittery Snowflake Window Clings
- Paper Dolls (Boys and Girls)
- Draw a Brindle Bulldog (make sure to add the Brindle coloring.) Google images of Brindle Bulldogs
- Draw a picture of Jack Frost by Laura’s description.
- Pioneer life coloring page or this one
- Yankee Doodle Coloring Page
Week 2: Chapters 3 & 4
- Owl Crafts
- Snowy Owl Pinecone Craft
- More Owl Crafts
- A few more Owl Crafts because they are just so cute!
- Paper Gun Craft — Ask for permission first!
- Owl Coloring Page
- or Free Choice
- Captain Jinks p. 63 Laura Ingalls Wilder Songbook
Week 3: Chapters 5, 6, & 7
Week 4: Chapters 8 & 9
- ALEX Toys Craft My Chunky and Funky Scarf
- Finger Knitting Fun: 28 Cute, Clever, and Creative Projects for Kids
- ALEX Toys DIY Wear Knit and Wear
Buffalo Gals p. 58 Laura Ingalls Wilder Songbook
Week 5: Chapters 10 & 11
- Kitty Wells p. 132 Laura Ingalls Wilder Songbook
Week 6: Chapters 12 & 13
- Straw Hat
- Talk about how they used everything when making the hats.
2. My kids insisted on making baskets
- Sumac Coloring Page
- Or try to draw it yourself
- Corn Coloring Page
- Pumpkin Coloring Page
- Deer Coloring Page
- Oh Susanna p.46 Laura Ingalls Wilder Songbook
- Click HERE for more information about the song’s history.
The Original by Stephen Foster (May be offensive to some)
- This article HERE has more information but may not be appropriate for everyone.
Week 7: Finishing Up
- Choose a previous craft that you haven’t done yet.
- Make a Spoon Doll p. 14 Pioneer Crafts for Kids
- Make a Pioneer Doll p. 32 Pioneer Crafts for Kids
- Make a Log Cabin Photo Frame p. 36 Pioneer Crafts for Kids
- Make a Pioneer Life Diorama p. 51 Pioneer Crafts for Kids
- Use My Book of Little House Paper Dolls: The Big Woods Collection to reenact and retell the story to someone.
- Build a Pretzel Log Cabin
- Make a log cabin with Lincoln Logs.
- Choose a previous project that you haven’t done yet.
- Draw a picture of your earliest memory and write a story about it.**
- Free Choice
- Am I A Soldier of the Cross? p. 138 Laura Ingalls Wilder Songbook
2. The Star Spangled Banner p. 80 Laura Ingalls Wilder Songbook