I haven’t made this in a while and although I was pretty sure of the ingredients I dug the recipe out of my old recipe box. Nothing says summer like this fresh cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream!
This is so much better than strawberry shortcake in my opinion. I would love to have this set of bowls to serve it in. This is always a hit when I take it to get togethers.
Strawberry Pudding Poke Cake
- 2 round cake layers, baked (I like to use yellow but white cake would work as well.)
- 3-4 c. strawberries, sliced
- 2 packs strawberry jello, prepared according to directions
- 2 packs vanilla pudding, prepared according to directions
- 2 packs cool whip
- 2-3 strawberries for garnish, optional
Place one baked cake layer in a large bowl.
Use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes in the cake.
Pour half of the jello over the cake.
Top with half of the strawberries.
Spread half of the pudding over top.
Top with one pack of cool whip.
Cover with plastic wrap.
Chill 1-2 hours.