Weekend Wrap Up: June 10, 2018

Hey everyone! I hope you are having a fantastic Sunday afternoon. We are not doing a whole lot of anything today, actually the whole weekend has been a whole lot of nothing. I know I wrote a couple of posts during the week that you can check out here and here. I also posted a yummy new recipe here.

What exactly did we accomplish last week? Not really a lot. I mean I did keep everyone fed and the laundry was finished, for the most part. There weren’t any cleaning missions partly because I had an extra ‘helper’ here, I’m not talking about big sister who was a tremendous help, who isn’t really a big help even though he tries to be. I decided against tearing apart anything to clean as it would most likely end up in a total disaster which is how I’d describe my house at the moment.

Monday was the only day I went square dancing! Boy do I need some stress relief right now. It was a lot of fun and I have posted a video from the night on one of our Facebook pages. You can see the video here.

Tuesday is a blur as I don’t really remember what we did or didn’t do. Wednesday I finally signed up for a conference call, about a discount shopping club, that I had been meaning to do for a while. Then on Thursday I followed up with my contact and signed up. I am not quite sure if this will be something that I will continue as it isn’t as straightforward as it was made out to be.

Friday was a very busy and chaotic day, not to mention that it was emotionally challenging as well. William had his wisdom teeth removed… fun, right? Well, as many of you know he is (one of) our special needs children so that made this procedure even more challenging in so many ways. I was nervous, scared, and anxious about the whole procedure and what would happen afterwards.

William was upset with me first for getting him up so early and secondly for ‘forgetting’ to make him some breakfast before we left. He was fine as they started to get him ready but after sticking him several times to get the IV started (he apparently has super tough skin, maybe he really is Superman or a distant cousin?) he was ready to go. Instead I gently rubbed his forehead which helped to calm him down until they got him ready. Then it was time for me to leave, so with a quick kiss on his forehead I reluctantly left him in their care.

In the waiting room I tried to relax by reading magazines and scrolling through my phone. I also had thoughts of telling them that I’d changed my mind and didn’t want to go through with the procedure. In the end I knew I just had to hand it over to GOD and that this was what needed to happen to keep my son healthy.

The doctor came out about an hour later and sent me to get the van. I could see when I pulled up that he was not a happy camper at all. He didn’t even want to come home with me! This made for a very long and stressful ride home but we eventually made it back, safe and sound. After a few hours of ranting he began to calm down and actually started to laugh at the cartoons he was watching. (Yes, I know that most of his attitude and rantings were a side effect of the medications but it was still quite hard to handle at the time.)

After a stressful errand run (huge ordeal at the pharmacy which I won’t go into detail but I will say that the lack of customer service was ALARMING and made me have thoughts of boycotting this big chain store forever) I returned home in tears.

When I arrived home the house was in total disarray. I mean it looked like a tornado, more like 6 or 7 tornadoes, had swept through. I was truly in total disbelief and I was honestly more than a little upset with a certain someone for letting the kids go wild. On the good side, if there is a good side of your house being totally destroyed, William was feeling much better and he was up and playing with everyone. So after making sure William was fed and showered I made a quick dinner for everyone else, gave showers, and got everyone ready for bed.

Saturday morning was much better as William felt much better and he was in much higher spirits. He was most upset about not being able to eat what everyone else was eating although he did enjoy the ‘special treats’ of yogurt, applesauce, and a couple of popsicles.

Mr. Awesome was outside working on his project which has been occupying a big portion the dining table and the porch. I’ll probably be taking some pics of the project  when we go camping this weekend. Some of the kids went outside to play as well.

The house was still a mess and I started to pick up but just didn’t have the energy. I went on ‘Strike’ and I didn’t do anything more than make meals, clean the bathroom, and wash a load of laundry that really needed done. (OK, maybe I did do a little more but not much.) 

I went outside for a bit and worked in the garden, sorry no pics this time. I put a few stakes in for some of the tomato plants. I decided not to make the new bed for the squash as it is already so hot they probably won’t do well right now. I may try to start them later on as we do have a longer growing season here.

Later, I thought about working on the computer but there was no place for me to work. Then I wanted to watch something on TV but that wasn’t happening either as William was watching cartoons to keep him occupied. (I have tried to somewhat limit his activities so he doesn’t hurt himself while he heals.) I ended up clearing a small spot off of the bed so I could lay down and watch ‘The Dead Files’ on my tablet. I was determined to wait and see if everyone would do what they needed to do. I didn’t nag, complain, or say a word about the chores. This was really hard for me as I don’t like messes and I usually do give little reminders about picking up stuff.

When Mr. Awesome came in and found his breakfast plate still on the bed he quietly carried it to the kitchen to add it the the ever growing mountain of dishes that Ms. Caitlyn had not touched. He then came back to the room to ask what I was doing. I replied that I was trying to watch a show, which by this time had already been interrupted several times, and he replied ‘OK’.

After the one show finished I went to the kitchen to make supper. Then I called the little guys in first so I could get them washed up while dinner was in the oven. Then the bigger kids came in to wash up so they could eat. Let’s just say they weren’t very happy after dinner when they realized what a mess they had to clean up.

Then after dinner I had a disturbing situation pop up. One that I had thought was taken care of a few months back after I had blocked someone on several of my social media sites. Unfortunately this stranger has found other ways to contact me and it can be quite scary, especially since he claims to be visiting this area. Once again I have to leave this situation in God’s hands and let Him do what He will with it.

During the week I had received a few shipments of items for an upcoming project that I’ll be working on in a couple of weeks, fingers crossed. I know that it’s probably gonna turn out to be much more work than I’m expecting as well so I’m trying to get mentally prepared.

One of the items I received was this new Presto Griddle. (This is an affiliate link provided at no extra charge to you.) I have mentioned my griddle in a few different posts and I love having one. My old one has served us well but really needed replaced so I have spent a little time researching a new one. There were so many to choose from. I ultimately decided on this one as it had a lot of features I was looking for, like being a space saver, and it was a brand that I trust.

They did have a smaller one, here, that I had originally looked at but when I saw the bigger one I went for that and I am so glad I did. It was truly larger that I expected but just what we needed.

I mean it almost covers the stove top and it is close to being twice the size of the old one that we had.

Another cool feature is the tilting legs to allow the grease to drain off when you cook meats on it.


And I really love that it folds up for storage and that the drip tray locks in place when the legs are folded up. (My old one got broke because it kept falling out when I turned the griddle sideways to store it.)

So, just how much can you cook on this big griddle? Here are a couple of things I’ve tried out with it today.

I put 6 pancakes on it, compared to 3 on my old one, but I think I could have fit a few more on there if I had tried. I also made 12 grilled cheese, compared to 6 on my old one, at once. Wow! That cuts my cooking time in half!

It wipes clean easily and can be washed in the sink, if you wanted to but I prefer to wash it off with a damp rag. I was glad I opened this up this morning as it was a really nice ‘surprise’ to start the day with.

I am so happy that William is doing much better today. He does still have some really cute chipmunk cheeks but he isn’t complaining about much of anything as he has been getting quite a bit of special attention the past few days. He was thrilled to be able to eat some pancakes at breakfast too.

I’m hoping that we will have a better and more productive week ahead. I know that we will be busy later in the week as we prepare for our camping trip that we have planned. I’m not entirely for sure what my plans are for the week but maybe tonight I will sit down and formulate some kind of plan. I do know that I need to make a trip to the grocery store soon.

God Bless!

2 thoughts on “Weekend Wrap Up: June 10, 2018

Please comment below:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.