I am so excited as I just received my first ever Blogger Recognition Award nomination! I feel so blessed to have received this and it motivates me to continue on this path.
I want to thank Camie at Camie’s Cozy Corner for the nomination. I love reading her blog and always find encouragement from her posts. I also love reading about her travels and seeing all of her interesting and unique photos. If you get a chance please be sure to check out her blog!
I began Kirby’s Korner Blog as a way to journal and reach out to other single moms and homeschooling families that may need encouragement or inspiration. My blog has grown by leaps and bounds since I made my first post last November. It has become an album of my life where I record recipes, tips, and memories for my family and friends. So many times we lose loved ones and wish that we had spent more time with them, taken more photos, or written down those family recipes while we had the chance and this is my way of recording all of those things for my family.
I have added so many other areas like recipes, meal plans, and of course square dancing! This blog has helped me in so many ways as I have tried to find a new ‘normal’ for my myself and my family after my divorce. Life can be so hard especially on single parents and families with special needs children. There are so many ups and downs that I pray my blog can help others who are going through similar circumstances. I just try to blog as life happens so you never know what I may blog about next!
I thank each and every one of you for reading, liking, and sharing my blogs. I also want you to know that I appreciate each and every one of you! I will be nominating a few other people/blogs and I hope you will all check out their blogs as well!
My advice for new bloggers is….
- Just be yourself! Let your thoughts flow and see where they take you. You will find that blogging can be so therapeutic and can really change your life as well as having an impact on others. I really enjoy reading the blogs that are ‘real’ and being able to relate to the things that they discuss whether it being relationships, parenting mishaps, kitchen fails, or anything else that happens in our ‘not so perfect’ lives.
- Stay positive! Your posts may not get as many likes or views as you had hoped or someone may post a critical or negative comment. Don’t let that stop you from sharing your thoughts because I guarantee there is someone out there who really appreciates you!
To accept your nomination you should follow these steps:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select (up to 15) other bloggers for this award.
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and provide a link to the post you created.
I am nominating the following blogs/bloggers:
Andy at Christian Grandfather who always make me smile with his posts and thoughts.
Road To The Riches for some short motivational posts.
I love the beautiful photographs on the EDGE OF FOCUS blog.
Rosie at Wish to Dish for so many neat and unique recipes.
Lorna at Savingchamps for so many tips and ideas on saving money.
Congratulations to everyone! Keep up the good work and Happy Blogging!