This is one of those recipes that I’ve had since high school. I make this at least once a year, usually around the time that the squash are overflowing from the gardens.When I freeze the zucchini I will shred it and add a couple of shredded carrots to it as well to make this recipe a little easier to prepare.
I normally double the recipe and make 2 loaves at a time because it is so good! I love it right out of the oven with a little bit of butter on it.
- 2 c. shredded zucchini, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1 1/2 c. self-rising flour
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. oil
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/2 c. raisins (optional)
- 1/4 c. shredded carrot (optional) ** you can also use a small jar of baby food carrots
Preheat oven to 325.
Grease a Loaf Pan.
Mix all ingredients together until well mixed.
Pour batter into pan.
Bake 50 minutes – 1 hour.
Cool 10 minutes.
Remove from the pan and cool completely.