Sometimes it is hard to get kids to eat their veggies and we have to resort to all kinds of tricks to sneak the veggies in however this is a tried and true way to get them to eat veggies and like eating them. My sister had mentioned that she had made this also and that my nephews liked it which was amazing.
The amounts may not be exact as this is one of those recipes where I just kind of dump everything in together. You may want to tweak them to your liking but I hope you enjoy it. You could probably also top this with French’s Onions instead of the cracker crumbs.
- 2- 12 to 16 oz bags of frozen mixed veggies, cooked (I like to use the vegetable medley from Sam’s with cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots but sometimes I use the mixed veggies with green beans, carrots, peas, and corn.)
- 1-2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 – 2c. mayo or miracle whip
- 1 pack ranch seasoning or Lipton Onion Soup mix (optional)
- 1-2 c. Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 stick butter or margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 350.
Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Mix the mayo and cheese. Add the ranch and/or soup mix, if using. Stir well.
Add the cooked veggies to the bowl with the mayo mixture and stir to coat.
Pour into the greased dish.
Mix together the butter and cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over the veggies.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.