This is an easy alternative to takeout. You could also pair this with Chinese Fried Rice with Veggies to make a complete meal.
Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1/3 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. honey
- 1/2 c.soy sauce
- 2 T. sesame oil (use canola if you don’t have sesame)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 t. red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 t. ground ginger (optional)
- 1/4 c. cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 c. water
- Sesame seeds
Place chicken into crockpot.
Mix together the chicken broth through the red pepper flakes. Pour over the chicken.
Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high 2– 3 hours, until chicken is cooked through.
Remove the chicken pieces from the crockpot.
Stir the cornstarch/water mixture into the sauce. Cover with lid and cook 10-15 minutes until slightly thickened. Stir to combine with sauce.
Add the chicken to the sauce and stir. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.