A friend invited me over for lunch one day and served this wonderful concoction. I’m not sure if this is close to her recipe or not but this stuff is good, really good. You can also make this on the stove top if you don’t have a crockpot.
Crockpot Taco Soup
- 1 lb ground beef, turkey, or pork – browned
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pack taco seasoning
- 1 pack onion soup mix
- 2 – 14 oz cans chili beans
- 1- 16 oz can corn, undrained
- 2 – 14 oz cans diced or pureed tomatoes
- 4 c. beef broth or use water and bouillon cubes
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
Add all the ingredients to the crockpot except the sour cream and cheese.
Cook on high 3-4 hours or on low 5-6 hours. Add water, if needed.
Serve hot and top with sour cream and shredded cheese.