A friend invited me over for lunch one day and served this wonderful concoction. I’m not sure if this is close to her recipe or not but this stuff is good, really good. You can also make this on the stovetop if you don’t have a crockpot.
We like to serve this over rice to make it stretch a little bit further.
Crockpot Taco Soup
- 1 lb ground beef, turkey, or pork – browned (I like to brown the meat with the onion & garlic)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 T. garlic, minced
- 1 pack taco seasoning
- 1 pack onion soup mix
- 2 – 14 oz cans chili beans
- 1- 16 oz can corn, undrained
- 2 – 14 oz cans diced or pureed tomatoes
- 4 c. beef broth, chicken broth, or vegetable broth or use water and bouillon cubes
- 1 c. frozen cauliflower (optional)
- 1 c. frozen Okra (optional)
- 2 T. collagen or gelatin
- 1 T. coconut oil
- 2 c. very water
If using these add them all to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Add to the soup.
- sour cream or greek yogurt
- shredded cheese
- baked blue tortilla chips
Add all the ingredients to the crockpot except for the optional ingredients and the toppings.
If using the optional ingredients prepare them and add to the pot.
Cook on high 3-4 hours or on low 5-6 hours. Add water, if needed.
Serve hot and top with your favorite toppings.
**This post does contain affiliate links to products and/or services that we use. We may earn a teensy-weensy small commission (at NO EXTRA cost to you) if a purchase is made through these links. These links help to support our family, our blog, and our homeschooling mission.