I love potato salad. This is a recipe that I just kind of have in my head so I hope the measurements are correct. You can adjust them as you along and add things to it that you may like in yours. There are some picky people around here so I may not have added some things that a ‘traditional’ potato salad normally has.
- 10-12 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks (You can also use steamed, cooled, and chopped cauliflower in place of potatoes. 1-2 heads)
- 1 1/2 -2 c. mayo
- 8-10 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 -2 T. mustard (optional)
- 1/4 c. pickle relish
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste (we like to use mineral salt or Lawry’s garlic salt)
Cook potatoes in water until fork-tender. Drain and cool slightly.
Lightly mash with a potato masher or dice with a knife.
Combine mayo, relish, and mustard in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add potatoes, bacon (reserve a little for garnish) and eggs and toss gently.
**This post does contain affiliate links to products and/or services that we use. We may earn a teensy-weensy small commission (at NO EXTRA cost to you) if a purchase is made through these links. These links help to support our family, our blog, and our homeschooling mission.