This is my go-to recipe for hot fresh rolls in a hurry. They never fail me!
30 Minute Rolls (links to the original recipe)
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp warm water
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 Tbsp yeast
- ¼ cup sugar (I like to use honey)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3½ cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In the bowl of a Stand Mixer, combine water, oil, yeast, and sugar. Allow mixture to rest for 15 minutes.
3. With a dough hook, mix in salt and eggs and 2 of the cups flour until combined. Add remaining flour ½ cup at a time.
4. Shape dough into 12 balls and let rest for 10 minutes.
5. Place rolls in a greased 9×13 pan or baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes until tops are golden brown.
Makes 1 dozen.
For 3 dozen use the following measurements:
- 3 ½ cup warm water
- 1 cup oil
- 6 Tbsp yeast
- ¾ cup sugar or honey
- 1 ½ tsp Salt
- 3 eggs
- 10 ½ cups flour