I got this recipe from a church dinner. I just loved the name of the recipe and it is always a winner here. Serve with mashed potatoes and corn muffins.
Daddy Can’t-Wait Casserole
- 1 lb ground hamburger, or ground turkey
- 1-10 or 12 oz bag of frozen mixed vegetables, steamed
- 1-2 cups chopped raw baby spinach (optional)
- 1 c. frozen okra, diced (optional)
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 pack onion soup mix (optional)
- 1-2 c. shredded cheese, I usually use cheddar
- salt and pepper to taste (we like to use mineral salt or Lawry’s garlic salt)
- sprinkle of Turmeric, optional
Preheat oven to 350.
Brown meat. add mixed veggies, tomato soup, and onion soup mix.
Mix well and pour it into a casserole dish.
Top with shredded cheese.
Bake 20 – 30 minutes.
**This post does contain affiliate links to products and/or services that we use. We may earn a teensy-weensy small commission (at NO EXTRA cost to you) if a purchase is made through these links. These links help to support our family, our blog, and our homeschooling mission.