I got this recipe from a church dinner. I just loved the name of the recipe and it is always a winner here. Serve with mashed potatoes and corn muffins.
Daddy Can’t Wait Casserole
- 1 lb ground hamburger, or ground turkey
- 1-10 or 12 oz bag of frozen mixed vegetables, steamed
- 1-2 cups chopped raw baby spinach (optional)
- 1 c. frozen okra, diced (optional)
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 pack onion soup mix (optional)
- 1-2 c. shredded cheese, I usually use cheddar
- salt and pepper to taste (we like to use mineral salt or Lawry’s garlic salt)
- sprinkle of Turmeric, optional
Preheat oven to 350.
Brown meat. add mixed veggies, tomato soup, and onion soup mix.
Mix well and pour into casserole dish.
Top with shredded cheese.
Bake 20 – 30 minutes.
**This post does contain affiliate links to products and/or services that we use. We may earn a teensy-weensy small commission (at NO EXTRA cost to you) if a purchase is made through these links. These links help to support our family, our blog, and our homeschooling mission.