This meal looks amazing and smells so good when it is cooking. Sometimes I will add a little leftover spaghetti sauce to it too if I happen to have some sitting in the fridge.
- 1 lb. hamburger (can use other ground meats, if desired)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup bell pepper, chopped (use whatever kind you have)
- 2 c. uncooked elbow noodles
- 1- 15 oz. can of stewed tomatoes
- 1- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 5 c. of water
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 T. Italian seasoning
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 t. salt
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- dash of hot sauce, optional
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
- 2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
Brown meat with the onion and the bell pepper.
Add everything else except the hot sauce and cheeses.
Bring to a boil then set on low.
Cover and simmer, about 15-20 minutes, until the macaroni is tender and most of the water is absorbed.
Be sure to stir occasionally to keep the noodles from sticking.
Add more water if it seems too dry or leave the lid off to get rid of excess water.
Sprinkle with cheeses before serving.