December 6th is St. Nicholas Day. It happened to fall on a Tuesday which is normally our French Toast day but the kids loved this extra special treat. Below are the instructions for how I assembled these today. These did take a little extra time but the look on their faces was well worth it!
These would also work well for Christmas morning!
Sliced strawberries (fresh fruit is better but I used frozen)
Blueberries, chocolate chips, or raisins for the eyes
whipped cream (I used cool whip in a pastry bag with a star tip)
- Place a pancake on a plate.
- Layer strawberries over the top third of the pancake, for the hat.
- Pipe cool whip to make trim and ball for the hat.
- Pipe the beard and a pipe a small amount of whipped cream where the eyes will go.
- Place blueberries for eyes.
- Use a small slice of strawberry for the mouth.
- Pipe a mustache over the mouth.