December 6th is St. Nicholas Day. It happened to fall on a Tuesday which is normally our French Toast day but the kids loved this extra special treat. Below are the instructions for how I assembled these today. These did take a little extra time but the look on their faces was well worth it!
These would also work well for Christmas morning!
- Sliced strawberries (fresh fruit is better but I used frozen)
- Blueberries, chocolate chips, or raisins for the eyes
- whipped cream (I used cool whip in a pastry bag with a star tip)
- Place a pancake on a plate.
- Layer strawberries over the top third of the pancake, for the hat.
- Pipe cool whip to make trim and ball for the hat.
- Pipe the beard and a pipe a small amount of whipped cream where the eyes will go.
- Place blueberries for eyes.
- Use a small slice of strawberry for the mouth.
- Pipe a mustache over the mouth.
**This post does contain affiliate links to products and/or services that we use. If you happen to click through a link and make a purchase we may earn a teensy-weensy small commission (at NO EXTRA cost to you) if a purchase is made through these links. These links help to support our family, our blog, and our homeschooling mission. This means that we can keep bringing you great recipes, ideas, and tips for FREE! Click HERE for a full disclaimer.