Land Your Man Baked Beans
- 2-28 oz cans original baked beans or pork n beans
- 1 large finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 large finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 lb hamburger (ground turkey or pork will work too)
- 1/3 c ketchup
- 2 T. yellow mustard or dry mustard
- 4 T. light brown sugar
- 3 T. hot sauce
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Brown the hamburger.
Add taco seasoning while browning beef.
Drain beef and set to the side.
Combine beans, onions, peppers, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar & hot sauce in a large casserole dish.
Add seasoned meat to the bean mixture.
Layer the bacon on top of beans.
Cover dish with aluminum foil, leaving a corner folded back for venting.
Bake for about 1 hour.
Remove foil and continue baking about 30 minutes or until bacon is brown and excess liquid has been cooked out.