(I found this recipe a while back but can’t remember where. I will definitely give credit where it is due when I find the original.)
Crock Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 t. cumin
- 3 t. chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 32 oz. can whole tomatoes
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. pepper
- 2 T. oil
(You can also use your favorite salsa instead of making the salsa with the tomatoes.)
1. In a skillet, heat to medium-high, add oil. Saute onion until translucent.
2. Add onions, chicken breasts and chicken broth to the crockpot.
3. In a blender combine spices, garlic cloves, and tomatoes. Blend on high until smooth. Pour mixture into the crockpot.
4. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
5. Remove the lid and shred the chicken once cooked, allow to simmer in the sauce until ready to serve.
6. Assemble as tacos.
Serve with rice and beans or a salad