Mama’s Secret Spaghetti Sauce
- 1/2 lb hamburger
- 3/4 c onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 lb cooked bacon, diced
- 1 t salt (we like to use mineral salt or Lawry’s garlic salt)
- 1/8 t pepper
- 2 t sugar (I have been using Stevia in place of the sugar)
- 1-2 c. chopped baby spinach, optional
- 1-2 c. chopped veggies, optional
- 1 t Worcestershire sauce
- 1 c water
- 1-6oz can tomato paste
- 1-8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/4 c olives
- sliced mushrooms, optional
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- nutritional yeast, optional
Brown beef, bacon, garlic, and onion together, drain. (I usually throw in the mushrooms too.)
Add remaining ingredients (except olives) to beef.
Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
Add olives, if desired.
Cover and simmer 15 minutes more.
Serve over cooked spaghetti noodles or over zucchini noodles.
Sprinkle with cheese and yeast, if desired.
I usually double this recipe for our family!
**This post does contain affiliate links to products and/or services that we use. We may earn a teensy-weensy small commission (at NO EXTRA cost to you) if a purchase is made through these links. These links help to support our family, our blog, and our homeschooling mission.